How to Join Windows Live
Date: October 14 2007 - Section Troubleshooting
Viewed: 3945 times
To join Games for Windows – LIVE:
- Make sure your PC is connected to the Internet.
- On your PC, start your game. Press the Guide button (center round button) on your controller or the Home key on your keyboard to open the LIVE Guide.
If you don't get the LIVE Guide after pressing the Guide button or the Home key, make sure your game is a Games for Windows – LIVE game. The packaging should have both the Games for Windows and the LIVE logos across the top.
- If you already have an offline gamer profile, click Messages, Friends, or Players, and then click Join LIVE. If you don't have a profile yet:
- Click Create New Profile.
- Type a profile name and click Submit.
- Click Join LIVE.
A message will appear warning you that a browser window will open and asking you if you want to continue. Click Yes.
- Choose your gamertag, gamer zone, gamer picture, and motto, and then click Next.
- Confirm whether you have a Windows Live ID or would like to create one, and then click Next.
- If you have a Windows Live ID, sign in. If not, fill in the form to create one, and then click Next.
- Select your e-mail and marketing preferences, and then click Next.
- If you want to upgrade your membership to a LIVE Gold Membership, select a membership option, click Next, and then enter your billing information. If not, click Next, then click Finish, and close the browser. You're all done!
Xbox Live Gold memberships are paid memberships that require you to supply valid credit-card information. For more information about Xbox Live memberships, see LIVE Silver and Gold Memberships.
You must close the Create Profile browser before returning to Games for Windows – LIVE and signing in.
- Sign into Games for Windows – LIVE by entering the Windows LIVE ID and password you just used. You're good to go.
Total Downloads:(since Oct,1 2006)
Total Bytes Served:
(click to visit)